The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to represent to the Trustees the views of member local history societies and other organisations affiliated to the Forum.
Its members meet with the Trustees about twice a year online via Zoom.
Current members are:
- Eve Boyle (HES)
- Murray Cook (Archaeologist, Stirling Council)
- Ian Copland (Cupar Heritage)
- Iain Duffus (Edinburgh Libraries)
- Patrick Hart (National Libraries of Scotland)
- Derrick Johnstone (Old Edinburgh Club)
- Niall Logan (Milngavie Heritage Centre)
- David Oswald (LOCSCOT)
- Sandra Purves (Broughton History Society)
- Ian Shearer (Friends of Kinneil)
Examples of the issues which have been discussed are the planning of conferences, the content and distribution of our journal Scottish Local History and the development of this website.
The Trustees would welcome the involvement in the Advisory Committee of more societies affiliated to the Forum.
If you are interested please contact SLHF