CDLHS Photo Archive / John Tweedie Collection
About this Resource
The Currie and District Local History Society (CDLHS) Photo archive plus the John Tweedie Collection of photos, numbering well over 1000, were digitised by the Heriot Watt University and are held digitally in the Heriot Watt Heritage and Information Governance section.
These can be accessed through the CDLHS website www.curriehistory.org (go to LINKS and Heriot Watt Catalogue CDLHS photos).
Includes photos of:
- mills on the Water of Leith (paper/snuff/tannery/cloth etc)
- youth organisations (scouts, boys brigade, guides etc)
- local significant buildings (Currie Tollhouse, Riccarton House, Curriehill House, Bavelaw Castle)
- local events (gala days, sports, bowling, celebrations)
- local worthies
Many of the photos are personal/ family photos or local photo post cards donated by local folk and collected by the history society or John Tweedie (our founding father) since 1970.
Access via our website, or in person at the Heriot Watt University, by appointment only.
OrganisationThis resource is held by:
Please note that links to websites and catalogues are provided by the Organisations listed and not maintained by Scottish Local History Forum.